* [Statement of Research Interests (pdf)](resume_and/ETolkova_ResearchStatement_web_Nov2017.pdf)
* [Cliffs Benchmarking](Cliffs_benchmarking.htm)
* [Cliffs Release / Code Repository](Cliffs.htm)
* Tsunami wave at a coastal site
can be predicted as the wave is measured in the open ocean,
with a straightforward computation which can be performed almost instantaneously... Read more:
- [A Response Function Approach for Rapid Far-Field Tsunami Forecasting](https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00024-017-1612-0)
- [Forecasting tsunamis in Poverty Bay, New Zealand, with deep-ocean gauges](http://www.springerlink.com/openurl.asp?genre=article&id=doi:10.1007/s10236-013-0665-6)
- Forecast Demos:
- [Reading East Pacific from DARTs near Japan in the 2011 event](Tohoku2WC_2darts.htm)
- [Reading North America off Peru](d32412toWC.htm)
- [SE Alaska - British Columbia - Washington - Oregon - California](d46408toWC.htm)
* Oct. 28, 2012 Haida Gwaii tsunami [event page](HaidaGwaii_eventpage.htm)
* [Comparing the Nano-Resolution Pressure Sensor to a Seismometer at MARS](http://arxiv.org/abs/1401.0096)
* Tsunami event in Monterey Bay, CA decomposed in the [bay's normal modes](normalmodes.htm)
* Long Wave Propagation Into the Salish Sea (Strait of Juan de Fuca, Puget Sound, Strait of Georgia)
- [Animation:](JdF_tide.mov) Simulation of tides in Salish Sea.
Initiated with M2, K1, O1 input from the ocean-side boundary.
- [Figure:](wtides_gages.png) Simulated tide (black) vs gauge records (red).
- [Animation:](JdF_tsunami.mov) Simulation of the 2011 East Japan tsunami propagation into Salish Sea.
Initiated with the boundary input of the event de-tided record at Neah Bay.
- [Figure:](detided_gages.png) Tsunami simulation in the still basin (black),
coupled with tide (de-tided, gray), observations (de-tided, red).
* Simulating realistic tidal motion in a segment of a river with a tsunami model is a challenging task,
in that every component of the required model input is unknown ...
[Tide-Tsunami Interaction in the Columbia River](http://www.springerlink.com/content/283221822x427818/)
- [Animation:](CRtides.mov) Simulation of tides in the Columbia River
* The use of various difference schemes
is based on the assumption that the physical variables do not change significantly
within the sampling interval. However, ocean depth supplied by Digital Elevation Models
can undergo large changes between neighboring nodes...
[Test for model's tolerance to depth discontinuities](BPsteps.zip)
* [De-tiding ongoing tsunami records](detide_events.htm)
* [Tidal predicting filter](predictingflt.htm)
* [EOF-based tidal forecast](tealeaves.htm)